Every year we try to do something special for my sons class mates! This year he wanted to do graduation gifts and we found the perfect creation that his friends will be over the moon for! Best Part – I made 28 of these for under $20! Naturally, I had to share our DIY creation with you other mamas!
Quick Supply Run – (or order if your like me and survive on Amazon Prime.)
- 2 Gallons of Elmers Glue (This was for 28 and I had just enough glue.) – Elmers Glue
- Food Coloring
- Shaving Cream
- Some fun little toys to add in at the end. – Plastic Fishies
- Plastic Containers, Mason Jars, Zip lock Bags.
Now for getting started!!!!
- In a large bowl pour 2 cups of elmers glue and shaving cream to top the glue area (About a quarter of a can.) Mix together and add food coloring.
- Once mixed add 1/2 cup of water and continue to mix til a whip cream texture.
- Once your satisfied with the consistency, add in 1/2 cup of water with 1 tsp. of borax. (Tip: Place borax in measuring cup and make sure water is running HOT before adding in so the borax gets completely dissolved.)
- Pour into bowl and start kneading with your hands to squeeze out extra water. Be patient with this step work with the slime until it feels not too sticky! (If it is stickier or slimier than you prefer just add a little shaving cream to the slime.) I whipped out the roller and let my little guy roll it out just for fun.
- Once everything is perfect go ahead and equally divide up into jars or bags. We created an assembly line where I would place the slime in and my son would pick the toy and put in each package. Repeat steps 1 – 5 until you have as many slime gifts as you need.
Our finishing touch was adding some fun ribbon and printing out little sayings that said “Sliming into Second Grade.” You can get as creative as you want with this step!
That’s it! Simple & Sweet Entertainment that the kiddos will love you for!
Happy Crafting Friends.