the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.(Success does not mean become rich and famous.)
My favorite success stories are the messy ones. You know, the real nitty gritty climb, not the my parents were wealthy and left me 100 g’s at 18 to begin my dream start-up company. This is close to my heart because I have had to work my ass off and fall on my ass several times to get where I am at today. I posted this morning on instagram @sealedwithakissartistry about what I should blog about, and an unbelievable amount of response came from people who felt in a rut. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. YOU ARE AWESOME> you just cant see it…YET. I like to give snippets, if you will, so here it goes. I have lived in 4 different states and 12 different cities throughout my life, I have lived in a car (which I stole from my dad at 16), in a room I rented where the owner had 16 cats, and surfed couches for a solid 2 years of my life. I have owned 4 different businesses. The first a cleaning business named “dust bunnies” the second & third were salons which miserably failed, and the 4th a boutique. To say the least the pages I began writing at 18 were smeared and messy, but all to create this path I am on now. I see now its to HELP people who are also struggling. (Maybe not as dramatically.) I like to go BIG! So I either FAIL miserably or succeed in great lengths, there is really no middle road for me. Where did it change for me? I hit a dead-end. What I was doing repeatedly was not working and after four fail, fail, did I say FAIL attempts at business, I took a break. I stepped back, I evaluated, and I had one kick ass support system..IE *my husband* who believed in any thing I wanted to do. I would cry myself to sleep thinking what a failure I was and how I had no fall back on education or career.Than I got pregnant with my daughter. My life forever changed. I wanted my children to be proud of me, I wanted to not be mediocre but be great. I wanted to not be a waste of space but contribute greatness to this world and my community and be remembered as someone who made a difference in someone’s life. I started narrowing down my goals. Something that was not easy for me to do. I began a gratitude list because it was the only thing that got me through on some days. Then suddenly it got real. My husband got accepted into an academy for the fire department and I wanted to help and contribute to our family as much as I could while being a stay at home mom. My ultimate core competency I figured out was being with my children 100% of the time. Step by Step How I Found My Passion….
- Bucket List – If you had no hold backs, money was not an issue, what would you do with your life. Write 100 things.
- Gratitude Journal – Every night write down 10 things you are thankful for.
- Get Clear on You – Make a list of 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months and 1 year goals. Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? Be as specific as possible.
- Your Time – How do you spend it? If you go to my168hours.com they have a terrific time sheet you can log and see how you are spending your precious hours.
- You Passion – Make a list of 5 things you love to do! Mine were something like this….Spend time with my children, Paint, Make things pretty, Help Others, and Write. Yours could be something like plan a party, drink wine with friends, go to a movie….ANYTHING there is no right or wrong, we will get in to more details on this topic at a later date! In today’s world whats great….ENTREPENEURSHIP. You can create you perfect nitch…You may hit some speed bumps but out of any passion there is a job to follow.
- TAKE ACTION – By far the most important step….You can write all day but unless you dive head first and start goal digging and truly exhaustively chasing your dreams, nothing is going to change. You must do something different to get a different result. Its uncomfortable and scary but MY GOD ITS WORTH IT!