This year the motivation for me is to switch it from “chaos coordinator” to a more peaceful pace. The first step for my family was decluttering and organizing. Since we are in the middle of a remodel, what more perfect timing! This idea, I just fell in love with. The best part….It took me less than an hour to complete! I can never find measuring cups in my drawers. Even when I neatly stack the spoons and cups some how my children seem to hide them, play with them, use them for science projects and than they vanish! This hack is a life saver and KID REACH FREE! YASSSSSS! Mom – 1.
- Take your cabinet OFF THE HINGES. (Wood glue will slide and glide and you will say naughty words if you skip this step.)
- Lay it on a flat surface! (I used my cricut and cut out a 8”, 6”, and 4” cut out of a mason jar than lined it with sharpie to create the perfect lid and top I wanted! (Best part sharpie comes off with a magic eraser if you oops it!)
- Next I Cut out the measuring cups using a 10” and 8” cut. – If you do not have a Cricut the custom cuts can be found at www.sealedwithakissgift.com for $50.00 with the entire kit to make this!
- Make sure you measure your pallette planks before you begin the gluing to make sure everything will close properly!
- Next step CREATE! I laid everything out and measured to make sure my vinyl was in equal measuring distance to look right on the cabinet! Then I placed my vinyl. I used Gorilla Wood Glue for the Planks and let them set for 1 hour before messing with the next step! PATIENCE IS CRUCIAL HERE! If you start hanging and nailing things on the pallette before the wood glue is dry you are at great risk to crack your cabinet.
- Next I took a hammer and placed nails (you can use hangers too) I chose nails because the holes in my disney spoons were just too teeny tiny to fit! MAKE SURE YOU BEND NAILS UP if you choose to do nails! (Other wise every time you open your cabinet things will fly at you!)
- After the wood glue has set you can re hang your cabinet and set all your measuring cups and spoons up! So easy, simple, and cheap! Looks like a million doallars! (If you have kids, they cant hack your silverware drawer any longer!)
Happy Crafting Friends!!!!!