On cold rainy days, when your children are at the point of a wold war 3 break down, the bored jar will be a saving grace! Being a mom of two very spirited little ones, I have learned the art of parenting strategically with attention changing ideas. I found this little gem on pinterest a few years back and have put a few spins on it, but Im telling you what Mama bears…..Every time I run out of ideas this is my go to. Lets get to making!
You will need:
- Mason Jar
- Wooden Craft Sticks (Big enough to write on.)
I have a list of activities Ill include below, however add your childrens favorite indoor games, crafts, a favorite movie, all of these things can be written on the stick as suggested ideas!
- Watch a movie and make popcorn.
- Bake cupcakes.
- Have a dance party.
- Make a fort.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Play a board game.
- Play Simon Says.
- Lazer Tape – Take masking tape and create a maze – each child has to make it through without their body touching the tape.
- Childrens Yoga.
- Finger Paints.
- Make Slime – Amazing Recipes in this book.
- Play Hide & Seek.
- Make mud pies.
- Cozy up with blankets and books.
- Make Super Hero Capes.
- Make a Volcano – Baking Soda, Vinegar, & Food Coloring.
- Draw a picture.
- Put together a musical or play.
- Home made bowling with plastic water bottles.
- Make a list of dream vacations to do as a family.
- Lay down masking tape and create a race track.
- Stage a tea party for stuffed animals and dolls.
- Make an indoor sand box of rice, rubbing alcohol, flour and baby oil.