How many times have you come up with excuses in the last month? How about in the last 24 hours?
“I’m too busy” “I have kids” “I’m a wife” “I can’t balance” “I don’t deserve it” “That could never be me” the list goes to infinity and beyond. The fights we have in our own heads can be exhausting.
You see my friend, so often we lie to ourselves or talk ourselves out of things because our subconscious is always saying these little comments in the back of our minds. I talk to hundreds of mompreneurs every month and the biggest hurdle I see women trying to jump is themselves standing in front of the jump with a big STOP Sign. Do we mean to? Of course not, but some where deep down we feel we don’t deserve to be successful, were scared to take the leap, were scared of feeling. It comes down to fear on so many different levels! The ugly beast!
So how do we beat it? How do we know we are good enough. How the heck do we get out of the way and let ourselves fly like the woman God made us to be?
It’s simple. YOU LET GO OF ALL EXCUSES. I put together a list of the biggest hurdles I see myself and hundreds of other women fight daily and how to get to the other side. How to believe in yourself, because in the end you will always be responsible for your success or failure. No one else but you has the power to change it and LIVE LIMITLESS.
- Make a list the night before and stick to it. So often I find myself completely lost or talking myself out of things before two cups of coffee have me back at sanity. Have a plan and make a written contract with yourself the evening before.
- Set goals that exceed anything you ever imagined, were talking fairy tale, happily ever after goals. If you had a PERFECT DREAM LIFE what would that look like? Then break down baby steps of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly goals to get there.
- Watch your role models! Who inspires you? Who do you look up to in the niche you are in? Do exactly what they do with your own spin on things to get exactly where they are at.
- Believe in yourself. Even if you have to look your self in the mirror and continually repeat I am amazing, I am beautiful, I am destined to live my dreams. Do it until you believe it. Fake it until you make it. What ever works for your personality and spirit do just that. It is so easy when first starting out on the journey to feel like a fraud or like you are still learning so you can’t possibly succeed yet, and I am here to tell you this will knock you down faster than anything else. Where you won’t do something someone else will and they are feeling just as you are. The difference? They fought through it and didn’t give up.
- Live in the moment. Did you fail? What did you learn from it? What an amazing way to learn from experience and add one more tool for success in that beautiful belt of yours. Stay in the moment of what you can do right now for your dreams. Beating yourself up for past mistakes or panicking about never achieving your goals does no one any good.
- Be a woman of your word. If you say you’re going to do something, than follow through. If someone emails you are text you respond back as quick as possible. Be engaging.
- “I’m a mom I can’t possibly balance” is the number one excuse I see made. Throw this out the window. If the author of Harry Potter was a homeless woman living out of her car to now multi millionaire you can do it too. You never give up and persevere through any challenge life throws your way. Be a strong woman your children can look up too. Be a role model they can say wow she was a rock star when they look back on your deposition, passion, and desire to chase your dreams.
- Use Mel Robbins 5,4,3,2,1 method. This changed my life. To cut an entire book down to a paragraph, quit simply put. It’s not letting you get in the way of yourself. It’s breaking the cycle before allowing the opportunity to arise. As soon as you set your mind to do something, it can even be as simple as the alarm going off and not hitting snooze. You say 5,4,3,2,1, and launch yourself to do what ever it is you don’t want to do at that moment. It’s re programming your brain for success not fear.
- Batch Schedule. Once you get to a point of batch scheduling your life will forever change. It’s focusing on only one thing per day. For example…Sunday I write all my blogs, Monday I take my pictures for the entire week of content, Tuesday I respond to emails and monetize on my affiliate links, etc. etc. Its breaking down every task in your journey, realizing your only one person, and giving 100% of yourself to every small detail of your business.
Now go break that glass that’s been holding you in. Your worth it girlfriend. You deserve everything you’ve ever dreamt and more. Get out of the way and watch yourself sore