Having a new baby is difficult for anyone. It takes a lot of mental strength and courage. It takes a lot of positivity and you definitely do need support. You need to ensure that you have all the things you need in the house, from formula, to a crib, to Baby Jumpsuits. You need everything to ensure that your little baby is going to be happy and comfortable. It isn’t an easy time, because hormones play a huge role in the way that you think and feel and you may feel a little out of control. Hormones affect us in different ways, which is why it’s vital that you consider looking at getting a support group in place, even if it is online. Nobody wants to feel as though they are alone. From the very beginning, life has changed.
There is no greater emotion than finding out that you are going to be a mother and sometimes it is good to be prepared for their arrival. There are certain recommendations that one must follow, because the arrival of a baby is something that changes your lifestyle completely. Here are some tips for you to take into account:
- Clean your house thoroughly. Something essential for the arrival of your new baby is cleanliness. The newborn child is prone to disease and one must always keep the house clean.
- Buy the essentials. Don’t rush to buy things that are not yet necessary for your baby. Remember that a newborn baby needs the basics and your love. Put priorities and do not acquire things ahead of time.
- Prepare a medicine cabinet. It is always necessary to have a kit ready in case an emergency occurs. Put everything your baby needs there and always take it with you.
- Don’t neglect your health. Don’t forget that you should always eat and sleep well. The way you act and take care of your child will depend a lot on your mood.
As we all know, babies have very delicate skin and we cannot use just any cosmetic to care for it. Ideally, use natural products that do not harm the skin. Babies should also have luke warm baths also, but there are a few other rules to live by.
- The water temperature should be between 36 and 38 degrees, and the room where the bath is carried out between 22 and 24 degrees so that it does not get cold when you leave.
- It is not necessary to bathe them daily. The frequency must be associated with the baby’s need for hygiene.
- It is important to have everything you need for the newborn’s bath on hand and NEVER leave the baby unattended in the bathtub.
Each baby has different needs that we will discover over time. Creating routines adapted to each child and turning them into situations of fun, love and respectful accompaniment has meant that today, at 6 and 8 years old, they continue to smile when we prepare for the bath, as well as enjoying the massages and pampering after leaving the bathtub. Using relaxing techniques, will also help your baby to start sleeping better also.
Other things you will need
For postpartum and breastfeeding you also have to be prepared, you will need several things: organic cotton pads (reusable or not), lanolin for the breasts, maternity pads, nursing bras, comfortable, loose fitting clothing with front opening if possible, a nursing pillow! Pregnancy doesn’t mean that you don’t still want to feel comfortable and beautiful. Once you have these in your nursery, you will find you can start implementing your little routines with the baby that will make your life easier and your baby’s.
The arrival of a baby is usually accompanied by a certain degree of fear. Fear of complications, of the changes that come, of childbirth, of facing motherhood. However, fears are always an opportunity to grow, so you have to surrender to them, not deny them, but accept them. It’s about trying to transform fear into a challenge and trusting yourself.
Sometimes it helps to think about the pros and cons, what is the best that can happen? And the worst? In any case, you can face it and be victorious, you are prepared for it, and remember something very important, life always takes care of you. And lastly, keep in mind that fears are projecting us into the future, anticipating consequences, do not let yourself be carried away by it, connect with the now, with the present moment.